Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lord, help me to see!

          This year we have a summer garden, replete with the usual tomatoes, zucchini, carrots (in 5 colors!), herbs and peppers. Our most widespread and productive plants are the pickle cucumbers. Over the three weeks I’ve picked 30 or more a day, ranging in size from 3 to 5 inches long. Every once in a while I find a few that are a bit longer. This morning after I’d been up and down the tangled area twice I found one about the size of a butter squash! 
          I walked for some time saying to myself and others, “How did I miss something that large, right under my nose and close to my finger tips?”Next I wondered, “In any given day, what else do I miss?” This brought back memories of the time when I was struck by a car that I didn’t see coming. I was constantly asked why I didn’t see it. I’ve tried to answer the why many times.
          Tonight I’ve concluded that I’ll keep trying to answer the why questions, but I will put more effort into seeing—seeing who or what is right in front of me. 


         Lord, help me to see!    Sr. Mary Catherine Wenstrup, OSB

3 comments:

  1. God helps us to learn by showing us the little things to make us aware of our surroundings. So next time you will be focus on what he wants you to pay attention too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we miss seeing the forest for the trees; other times we miss seeing the trees for the forest. In every situation, your prayer is perfect: "Lord, help me to see!" ~Mary Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, this weekеnd is faѕtiԁious designеd for me, fοr the reason that thks
    point іn time i am rеading this еnоrmous informative poѕt heгe at my home.


    kate dircksen

    ReplyDelete