Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

     Reflecting on Thanksgiving of course brings me to how grateful I am living in this country. Despite its problems it has provided a rather soft life and since I am a wimp I feel terribly blessed as I am sure many others do as well. i cannot imagine living anywhere else.
     So as I compiled my long list of thanks that I am sure resembles yours I paused at technology. For it enables us to enter the lives of persons and peoples living at great distances.We see those suffering great traumas of war and disasters, famine and disease. I am grateful. It gives me another way to be Christ to my neighbor.I usually think of Jesus in terms of kindness, charity, forgiveness, etc. But Jesus suffers. Jesus weeps over Jerusalem, “How often have I wanted to gather your children together as a mother bird collects her young under her wings.”(Luke 13) I can be part of that Jesus as well and ever more so thanks to our many media sources.  Please join me in celebrating that we are one.
     For another take on gratitude I invite you to revisit Sr. Aileen's blog posted July 17,2013.
     Enjoy the holidays.   Sr. Mary Rabe, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment