Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Way to Pray

          Three essential items get me started every morning, namely: a pen, a notebook and a bible. These facilitate an awareness of God’s presence and help me begin the day with God. Usually God’s words in the day’s Mass reading sparks questions, comments, exclamations in mind and heart and result in a short period of wordless prayer. Sometimes this is a mixture of thinking, questioning, or responding in awe.
         Other times my prayer requires sheer perseverance to read the scripture passage several times and be patient in listening more openly without forcing a “conversation”.  The active listening itself becomes my prayer.  Whatever personal presence, will and time are given, I believe the prayer is always heard by God.
       I count on it.   Sr. Martha Walther, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment