Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Patience and presence

     Patience and presence are two themes of the Advent Season. I ask myself, how I am measuring up with these on my Advent journey.  Christmas is around the corner.

     Waiting in long checkout lines and slow traffic patterns test my patience, may even raise my blood pressure. I am trying to be especially aware to be present to everyone. (Everyone?  This could be stretching it a bit).

     During these last days in the Advent Season, do I give others enough time to interact with me?  Do I recognize Jesus in them? Do I listen to meet their needs or am I so busy with my own needs?

     Our faith reminds us that God is always present to us no matter how busy we may be.The Advent Season reminds us to be aware and present to ways Jesus does come to us.

     Jesus comes in history, He comes in mystery and He comes in majesty. May we welcome Jesus, not only on Christmas but in everyone we meet and especially at the end of our lives.

     Have a wonderful Christmas, filled with Christ's presence.
        Sr. Barbara Woeste, OSB

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sister thank you for this good message -- to be aware of the presence of Jesus Christ in others, requiring patience in ourselves to respond to them with kindness, when it may be difficult to do so for some reason -- I remember the bad information we are given in the newspapers, also in our upbringing and history and background, all of which set us against compassionate response to others. The way people respond to others of a different ethnic or religious background for example. Help us Lord Jesus to overcome these barriers and respond always with compassion and patience. Merry Christmas OSB and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To read over and over and "listen with the ear of the heart ..." Blessings and Merry Christmas to all at SWM

    ReplyDelete