Thursday, December 31, 2015

Words, Words, Words….at the End and the Beginning of a New Year.

       In today’s Gospel reading from John’s prologue, we hear, In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God…and the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. In tomorrow’s reading from Luke we will hear, Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart
         
Today being the last day of 2015, I gave time this early morning to ponder over words—those I’ve said, read, regretted, waited or dreaded to hear. My morning offering of words to you are those I read several days ago and have lingered in my mind: Laid in the soul’s bosom this Word will increase the understanding, sweeten the behavior and temper the whole frame of mind and way of life with a pleasing and wholesome gentleness ( Guerric of Igny). 
       My deepest hope for 2016 is PEACE.
                   Sr. Mary Catherine Wenstrup, OSB



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this good word. Happy New Year! May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and all family with His peace this year, amen

    ReplyDelete