Wednesday, March 18, 2015

St. Joseph, Model of Faithfulness

On Thursday, March 19, we will celebrate the Feast of St. Joseph.When I think of St. Joseph, I am reminded of his faithfulness. This faithfulness was to God and to Jesus and Mary throughout his life.  He endured this faithfulness in spite of many hardships.

He had to find shelter for his family in Bethlehem, and he endured the flight into Egypt.  He sustained his family by his trade.Truly St. Joseph reflected the faithfulness of God in his life.

When I think of St. Joseph’s faithfulness, I am reminded of our vow of stability as Benedictines.  St. Joseph is a good model for us. Stability is faithfulness to our monastery and our life.  It is faithfulness to our work and duties that we have in our life.  It is faithfulness to our prayer and work as Benedictines, our Ora et Labora.

When I think of St. Joseph, I think also that he is a good model for families and that his virtues are needed today. As the Church reflects on the Synod on Families, St. Joseph is very relevant. St. Joseph, pray for us.

         Sr. Barbara Woeste, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment