Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Year's Resolution: Share Our Blessings

     We are a week into the new year. How are your plans for the 2014 progressing?

     I read a rather apt definition of New Year's resolutions somewhere that said "they are promises I make to myself which I have no legal obligation to fulfill." That sums  it up rather well for most of us, I'd say.

     As we have weathered some brutal temperatures and wind chills this week I've been very aware of those who do not have the warmth and security that I have. As a teacher at Villa Madonna Academy I have been part of our efforts to provide food, socks and other necessities to the Emergency Shelter of Northern Kentucky. We've received their thanks on behalf of the many people they serve, those without shelter, clothing, food or hope. I know that there is much to be done but I think each of us who has so many blessings must do as much as we can for others.
 
     I encourage each of you to find out who needs your help and what ways you can provide for those in need. It can be whatever amount or in whatever way you can give. The needs are great and our care makes a difference.


     
May each day be a blessed one for you and your loved ones.
    Sr. Nancy Kordenbrock, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment