Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Amazing Day


     It’s another hot and humid day here in Kentucky. “I don’t do humidity.” That’s my mantra! That’s also my whine for today.
     I realize how small that sounds and wish I were more noble, but I’m stuck with myself to a certain extent. No one can change me but me. How many times have I heard that or said that before?
     All morning I’ve been remembering the first line of my favorite poem by e.e. cummings: “i thank you, god, for most this amazing day.” No matter the weather, the work, the people, the feelings, this is an amazing day. I’m here and I’m part of the day. What will I do with it? Will I truly thank God for it?
     Join me in thinking about and appreciating the many gifts this day brings. Not all gifts are really positive; many are crosses we bear or difficulties we try to understand. All of them are gifts from God.
     “We thank you, God, for most this amazing day…”
               Sr. Nancy Kordenbrock, OSB

2 comments:

  1. Well put, Sister Nancy! Thanks sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree this is a most amazing day in Jacksonville, Florida!

    ReplyDelete