Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Moment


You Ask of Me a Moment
[author unknown]

God of eternity, maker of time,
you ask of me a moment, a pause, a glance.

Yet, I dare not stop to be with you when
I am needed at the front. I must respond
to a frantic world; I have so much to do.

God of silence, bringer of peace,
you ask of me a moment, a stillness, a calm.

But my mind is racing and my heart beats fast
as I tend to the noises that demand my all.

God of the Sabbath, fount of repose,
you ask of me a moment, a respite, a sigh.
Time is of the essence; the day is always
filled. Perhaps when all the work is done
I may take to rest, perchance to pray.

God of love, tender of souls,
you wait for me until I come.

May I pause for you,
take a moment for you.
That’s all you ask of me.

Submitted by Sr. Joan Gripshover, OSB

1 comment:

  1. I love this prayer; copied it and intend to use it for myself and offer it to others.
    The poem is paired with a graphic of Jesus and the Samaritan woman - inspired by the hot sun and the need for refreshment- Jesus' and the woman's in the story.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete