Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Celebration of 50 Years


     Last Saturday we celebrated my Jubilee of 50 years of commitment as a Sister of St. Benedict. The event has certainly been a time of rejoicing all around. The gratitude I experience for the love and support of my sisters at St. Walburg Monastery, our Oblates, my own family, and friends at Mother of God Parish and Catholic Charities is so deep and heart felt that it is beyond adequate expression.
     A very meaningful quotation from the Rule of Benedict that was used by our Prioress Sr. Mary Catherine in blessing me is “as we advance in the religious life and in faith, [may] our hearts expand and [may] we run the way of God's commandments with unspeakable sweetness of love.” This text has always been a source of assurance for me when life was easy and when life was difficult, from the time I was in high school and considering entering the convent. The promise it holds has been fulfilled during these five decades and I know to be trustworthy for the future. 
     Sr. Dorothy Schuette, OSB

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Sister Dorothy! Thank you for sharing the quotation...it is a good one to keep.

    ReplyDelete