Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall: the season of letting go

As I watch signs of fall appearing on the monastery grounds I find myself delighting in the splashes of color, the deer eating the acorns under the oaks, and the crispness of the morning air.   These signs occur at unexpected moments, giving me pause to ponder God’s creation and the value of the little experiences.   It is these little experiences which bring a joy that pierces the daily and reminds me of the possibility for beauty amidst change and transition.  Perhaps it is this bittersweet quality of fall which makes it among my favorite seasons.  Like fall, life is about the journey and transitions; about finding beauty and joy even as what is now is letting go for what is to be.  So as fall continues to unfold I pray that you may find moments which bring you joy and a deeper awareness of God’s presence both within and around you. Sr. Kimberly Porter

1 comment:

  1. We can learn a lot from nature in adjusting to the seasons in our lives. Each season reminds us that we are in a journey and that change and transition is a part of that journey.

    Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete