Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is always, well usually, a very pretty time of year in northern KY. Today, The sky is bright blue; the air is close to 40; leaves, though nearly gone, have a bit of color. Best of all, I just saw, for the first time, a hawk sitting in the grass finishing off lunch. Usually, I see them in the air looking for prey.


Thanksgiving is also a time when I remember my parents who were married on this date in St. Bernard's Abbey Church in Cullman, AL. On that day, the abbot told them "to send one back." I am grateful I'm the one who entered this community of Benedictine women. I've never regretted that decision.

May each of you have a very happy Thanksgiving as you gather with family and friends.

Sr. Mary Catherine Wenstrup

No comments:

Post a Comment