May is always a fun and interesting month for me. Having been in education for 43 years, I've always enjoyed wrapping up the year and seeing the seniors graduate and move on to college and their future lives.
     This year has been somewhat different because I'll be leaving teaching for the job of treasurer of our Benedictine community. I've been working with our current treasurer, Sister Rose, for several years to prepare for this new position. It will be very different for me but I'm hoping to do a good job and learn even more as the year progresses.
     Yesterday the staff and students at Villa Madonna Academy surprised me with gifts and a brief program. I was totally shocked and touched by their generosity and creativity. I've spent 40 of the 43 years in education at Villa. Even though I'll be in a new position I plan to stay in close contact with the alumni and the Villa community. They have enriched my life for so many years; I can't imagine my life without them.
     For those of you who are experiencing big changes in your life, I now know what that's like. All I can say is that God is good and will always be with us. While we don't know what the changes will mean we know that we are not alone. Our friends, family, community and the Lord Jesus sustain us each day.
     God bless you summer and every day of your lives.