Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter Sunrises

      Winter Sunrises warm my heart. Cold weather started early this year and, after a few weeks respite before Christmas, has taken us into one of the longest, coldest, snowiest seasons that I can remember. I began winter with dread of the cold wetness. But somewhere along the pathway the blazing insistence of Winter sunrises penetrated me and convinced me that they were absolutely necessary to complete a yearly cycle of Earth's Beauty.
     Of the many lessons to be learned in pondering this is the potential of beauty to melt away the chill of resistance to new ideas, new acquaintances, new ways of being. The catch is to take the time to really see the beauty, to let it into your soul and to let it become a part of you.
     May you be blessed by the beauty of each day, of each person, of each act of kindness.
      Sr. Dorothy Schuette, OSB


2 comments:

  1. A wonderful reminder of the importance of slowing down to really ponder the beauty in all things. I'm going to pray not for a break in the weather, but for a change in attitude. Thank you Sr. Shuette!

    ReplyDelete