Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Expanding Our Horizons


     With the coming of the New Year and the New Year’s resolutions that we perhaps make, I am reminded that we all try to better ourselves each year as we grow a year older. 
     I can remember how things have changed in the last 20 to 30 years, the Internet and the iPhone are just two of the examples. Both these inventions have expanded our horizons. We can search anywhere worldwide. The  world, it seems has gotten smaller. We have grown in knowledge within our reach. 
     I remember my life, B.C.( before the Convent or Monastery). Coming to the Monastery has expanded my horizons. I have grown in my relationship with Christ by daily prayer and work.  Two essentials in the Rule of St. Benedict. I have met and worked with people who I never would have known. I have also inherited many “sisters” in community who I would not have otherwise known.  I am glad I responded to the invitation to " come and see”. 
     How will you expand your horizons this New Year?
              Sr. Barbara Woeste, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment