Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Life as Vacation and Journey

     Life is a journey. This phrase struck me forcefully at the funeral of one of our sisters recently. Many people spoke of her journey.
    Whenever I think of a journey, I think of a vacation. On a vacation we travel to many interesting places. We see beautiful sights.  We have wonderful experiences. We meet many kinds of people. But, the vacation journey has to end sometime. When it ends, we go home. Is our life’s journey on earth like a vacation of sorts? We travel through life, see beautiful sights, have wonderful experiences and meet all kinds of people. 
      But, it has to come to an end. No matter how great the vacation was for me, I am always glad to be home. At the end of life’s journey we go home to God. Home to God’s welcoming arms. Glad to have been on the (vacation) journey. Happy to be home!   Sr. Kathleen Ryan, OSB

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this short beautiful meditation -so well said. I really was moved - I like the comparison of our time here as a vacation -I can relate.Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sister Kathleen,

    It is good to see everyone blogging for it offers a connection with those of us living far away from the community. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The journey is the best thing which will make you able to have the joy of the life while moving from one place to another. This will make you able to have the joy of the diferent things which falls in the way. This will make you feel so much spcial and awesome.

    ReplyDelete