Wednesday, June 15, 2016

To Follow St. Benedict

       In his Rule, St. Benedict counsels his followers to "pray and work." He further advises them to "love one another in charity" by practicing "good zeal with the most fervent love."
       As I pray and work in God's world today, Benedict reminds me "never to despair of God's mercy and to desire eternal life with all passion of the spirit."
      How do these words affect my life now? In my daily life as a Benedictine sister I am challenged to pray and work in a monastic community, to be present, to communicate, to serve, to love and live out my Benedictine profession.
       I am grateful to God daily for this call, and I hope to celebrate it for years to come.
       Sr. Martha Walther, OSB

1 comment:

  1. Dear sister, thank you for this good post. May your prayer flourish,
    and good works prosper, and may I be remembered in the prayers, and may I be forgiven through your holy prayers acceptance in heaven, and may I be a supporter of OSB in Christian love and brotherly gratitude, amen

    ReplyDelete