Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summer Energy

     Is there any significance in the fact that my own deadline for writing a blog coincided with July 4? Considering that lots of work takes place on holidays in the monastery, writing a blog, in comparison, should be a breeze. Yet in July, breezes can be rare. After all, this is vacation season! On the other hand, some work increases, e.g., house cleaning. Weekday mornings I help in the infirmary by delivering clean laundry. Today I'm subbing for Sr. Stella to bring communion to the infirmary sisters. A double privilege day for me!
    In comparison, writing a blog is a different kind of job and calls for a different kind of energy. No matter the season, several sisters step up to the task with a sense of dedication and pleasure in expressing their ideas and perspective at any time of year. So, here’s to a relaxing, re-invigorating summer!
  Sr. Martha Walther, OSB  

1 comment:

  1. I am starting my summer by cleaning some "big things" as well such as curtain, sofa, mattress etc before I welcome the rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete